Charity: How To
- Set aside a fixed amount to give to charity every day. Getting a roll of coins from the bank and dropping one into a “Tzedakah box” daily is an easy way to achieve this.
- Get a “Tzedakah box” and nail it into the wall of your house. The kitchen is a good place to start.
- Buying a “Tzedakah box” with pictures on it is a great way to promote other good things and activities. See here for example.
- Even if you donate large amounts to certain institutions or to individuals, it’s preferable to have a daily commitment, if even only a small amount.
- Educate your children to be givers too. Buy them their own personal “Tzedakah box” to put in their room and make them in charge of dropping a coin in daily.
- If a daily commitment is hard, try a longer interval, e.g. weekly or monthly. Consistency and commitment is the key.